Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am an international student on F-1 visa. I have an SSN…

Customer Question
I am an international...

I am an international student on F-1 visa. I have an SSN with dhs authorization. I want to invest in stocks. How do i pay my taxes on capital gains?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

F-1 student

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.