Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If my Bosnian friend's elderly mom gets a resident visa,

Customer Question
If my Bosnian friend's...

If my Bosnian friend's elderly mom gets a resident visa, will my friend be responsible for all her medical care? (She will be the sponsor). Will a state-funded hospital treat the pre-existing conditions? The mom is 85 years old and has nobody to care for her in Bosnia. My friend and her husband cannot take hospitalization burden, etc... Any suggestions?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

My friend and her husband are naturalized US citizens.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet. I am trying to help without incurring the high fees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The elderly Bosnian lady has pre-existing heart conditions. My friend and husband are worried about signing the Sponsorship Contract (i-864) that makes them totally liable. And insurance cost is prohibitive! (Over $700 per month and DOES NOT pay for any pre-existing conditions).

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.