Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Is it something you can help to revoke cards or surrender…

Customer Question
Is it something you...

Is it something you can help to revoke green cards or surrender green cards?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes my brother and his wife got immigration visa but they are few things happened after their arrival as we found out his wife is not honest with him, second she wanted to get green card then after that she wants him to divorce. Based on this I am fully convinced that she did marital fraud with us. Third I observed that she has few connections with extremist religious group so I do not want to take any legal responsibilities as a petitioner. I want to know what you can do to revoke green cards?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all I have--thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/3/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What evidence do you have that she only used him to get the green card? How long have they been married? How long have they had their green cards?

They came US almost 3 months ago when they had few issues then she started talking to leave my brother. Her whole intention is to get greencard. she told this in front of my sister who is us citizen
im on phone call. please call me within 10 min

It said there was a problem with the payment, so the additional payment to upgrade to a phone call did not go through. But we can continue here if you like.

please call now. i am ready

As I said, your payment did not go through, so we cannot do a call. You can either contact your bank or credit card to see what happened, of we can continue here with no additional charge.

I have not heard from you. Would you like to continue here without additional charge?

A response, any response would be nice. There is no additional charge just to continue here in a Q&A format.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Marriage fraud has two harsh penalties. The first under 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second is a PERMANENT bar to ever getting a green card even if the person re-marries to a different U.S. Citizen or even if they have U.S. Citizen children.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to http://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(###) ###-####

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Unless the person has committed a serious enough crime, ICE probably will not get involved, so #3 is probably the best bet. You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!