Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a U.K. Citizen. My son is a US citizen. He submitted my…

Customer Question
I am a U.K. Citizen...
I am a U.K. Citizen. My son is a US citizen. He submitted my I 130 in May 2017. I have a valid/current B1/B2 visa. Can I visit the US for a few weeks whilst my I 130 is in progress?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/2/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Legally, the B1/B2 visa is valid now for you and you are allowed to visit. However, in practice there is a high chance that you will not be allowed into the US since you have the I-130 pending. The I-130 is proof that you wish to live in the US and they will be afraid that you are planning to come to the US to just stay here and not return. It's possible you could be allowed in anyway, but it will be up to the officer at the airport.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.