Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was wondering if one can travel within the US with an

Customer Question

hello, i was wondering if one can travel within the US with an expired B1-B2 visa ? by plane
JA: What is the expiration date? Has a renewal or extension request been made?
Customer: oct 2013. no renewal or extension
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the person is from eastern europe, traveling from california to hawaii
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, no, a person cannot use an expired B-2 to enter the U.S. One of three things can happen if they do:

a) They will allow them to withdraw their requests to enter the U.S. and they can go home, no penalty.

b) They will not allow them to withdraw their request to enter the U.S. and will order them excluded. This has a 5 year penalty that they cannot come back unless they get a very hard to get waiver.

c) They will not allow them to withdraw their request to enter the U.S. and they catch them in a lie and they exclude them with a permanent bar due to fraud and/or misrepresentation and with that charge they cannot come back unless they get a very hard to get waiver.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!