Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I recently tried to sponsor my nephew from Turkey, who is…

Customer Question
I recently tried to...

I recently tried to sponsor my nephew from Turkey, who is accepted into the intensive English program at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. He has just graduated as a mechanical engineer from a Turkish University. He is also sponsored by a company who proved all documentation to the UCCS. My question: He was denied for the F-1 Visa because of having a relative (me as his uncle) in the States. By the way, I am an Army veteran and have been working for the US government as GS-13 grade level employee for over 28 years. I also have a Top Secret level clearance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Please read my messge above

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Options

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Do you know if he provided any documentation to prove ties to his country such as a job offer upon return, property ownership, bank account, etc?

his company provided all the documentarion for his sponsorship. He would be working upon completion of his return. His company is even willing to sponsor his master's degree in mechanical engineering.
  • That is very strange because he sounds like a good candidate for approval, but it is a discretionary process unfortunately. The only thing he can do at this point would be to go back and apply with additional documentation showing ties to his country and also with proof of sponsorship that he has while he is in the US ( financially. )
  • If he is denied again, he should request supervisory review at the interview.
  • Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.