Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a felony (assault & spitting on officer). I am out…

Customer Question
I have a felony...

I have a felony (assault & spitting on officer). I am out due to Rule 20 Minnesota Law, (Mental Illness)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have criminal charges been filed? Is there an upcoming court date?

Yes filed, Sept 20 th is the next hearing Can i travel?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

NO.. just the public attorney in jail...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on H1B and my family cannot travel alone because i have 2 months old baby and 6.5 yr old daughter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Where do you need to travel to? Do you have permission from the judge or prosecutor to travel outside of the jurisdiction?

Ely, Counselor at Law