Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I cand to the USA to seek asylum but unfortunately I did not…

Customer Question
Hi Ma'am, I cand...

Hi Ma'am, I cand to the USA to seek asylum but unfortunately I did not apply for the asylum withim the 1 year of entering so I now do not know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you faced persecution in your home country due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group?

Political opinion

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No please

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I used someone's passport in entering to seek asylum

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What country are you from? Why did you delay so long in applying?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Ely, Counselor at Law