Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My exfiance enter the U S A in December 2017 she didn't like…

Customer Question
My exfiance enter...

My exfiance enter the U S A in December 2017 she didn't like it here so she went back home so that relationship is over no I am interested in someone else we have met already how long do I have to wait to petition for my new fiancee

Lawyer's Assistant: We take care of them immediately, but sometimes it takes 3 to 5 days for the banks to process things.

What

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The regulations do NOT specify a specific time frame that you must wait before you can apply for a NEW K1 visa for your new girlfriend. They are concerned that it is a "bona fide" relationship. So they may ask you why you are applying so soon after the first fiance. BUT you have a legitimate reason and that should help support your claim regarding the new VISA.

Here are the links that you should review for more detailed information on this (you may already be familiar since you have been through the process before):

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

https://www.uscis.gov/family/k-1-process-step-step

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald