Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife was on a j1 visa working as a teacher in North

Customer Question
My wife was on...

My wife was on a j1 visa working as a teacher in North Carolina, she applied for a summer job through a company thats called Envision, she was sucessful, on receiving the job offer she told her host company (EPI) in order to get approval, this was however denied because it was not a teaching job. she told envision that she was not able to take up the job due to the offer not been in teaching. the employer from Envision said that she was so pleased with her on the interview that she would pass her over to another program that was seeking teachers.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Weeks later she got an offer for teaching she had to accept the job offer within 24 hrs which she did. she failed to communicate the new offer with her company and assumed that because it was a teaching job she would not have a problem. her principal called her for a work shop and she told her she was unable to attend because she was in New York teaching for a week. her principall reported her to EPI and they terminated her contract because she did not seek approval. what can be done ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

About her j1 was that legal to terminate her even though she was under the impression that it would be okay to work with envision once its been a teacher? her life is in danger if she goes back to Jamaica because persons found out that she was ib communication with her ex boy friend who is gay, while in ja she was attacked and was thtrened to be raped because she was communicating with him. the ex boy friend had to flea to Canada and did a asylum because he was almost killed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

She can try to get the J-1 reinstated. Here is an official link:

https://j1visa.state.gov/participants/current/rules-and-infractions/

She needs to speak with her program director and get this resolved quickly. If they cannot reinstate, she will have to leave the U.S. as quickly as possible and she can then apply for a new J-1 from outside of the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.