Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My baby daddy/ boyfriend paid for citizens ship but he was…

Customer Question
My baby daddy/ boyfriend...

My baby daddy/ boyfriend paid for citizens ship but he was told he cant work without his papers proving it but he has bills a baby coming and needs work what do we do

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?

No I'm a us citizen born and raised he is waiting for papers to prove he's a citizen yes he did paper work throw imagrashion there the ones satin he can't work for a few months till he gets his documents

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it free

Lawyer's Assistant: The Immigration Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much I'm struggling I told u hes out of work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

far I'm not happy with my service
I thought it was five dollers u seek in 33 dollers and then want to say 59 to talk really its a question
Your not doing any real work ur not Help I him find work rush in us papers or fighting in cort I asking advice

I am reading your question. I do apologize it takes a little time because I had another customer, but I am happy to help you.

I don't set the prices, I don't work for the website directly . Should I still answer you?

The consultation is $38. It is much more affordable than $100 that most attorneys charge.

I payed let's see what you have to offer
Still go one question stuped help has really gotten pricey
What's ur 38 doller advice for us?

Just so I understand.. What form did your husband submit?

His citizen ship hes cubes and he said laws are different and more fast to be a citizen

Can you explain what is cubes?

Cuban his race dam spell check sorry

Oh ok, no problem. I am too actually. When did he arrive from Cuba?

Three years ago

Does he already have his green card/ "residencia" ?

It's expired and the imagrashion ladies said it's pointless to pay for a new one cuz he's a citizen but he can't fun work with out his papers

I'm trying to understand but that part does not add up.

Did one of his parents become citizens before he turned 18 years old while he was in the US?

No both are in cuba
That's why I told him its wrong and I'm hear with u

Exactly. I cannot give you correct advice if I don't have the whole situation. I'm not sure what immigration told him, but It is impossible that he is a citizen if he has only been here in the US for 3 years and probably only has his green card for 2 years. He must have a green card for at least 5 years in order to apply for citizenship. If he is married to a US citizen then he can apply after 3 years. So unless he's married to a US citizen, then it's impossible that he can apply yet. Is he married to US citizen?

No were married and what I stated he said was Mexicans that cubens have. A different status cuz most cubens come educated due to the education in Cuba is free
We're not married

I'm sorry- I don't understand that part. He said was Mexican that Cubens have?

Mexicans have different imagrashion laws to follow than cubans

Yes, but he is Cuban so what does he have to do with Mexicans laws? I'm trying to understand so I can advise you best.

That's why the whole five year green card thing is not go him Cubans can be hear for only three years and apply cuz they pay more

That is not correct. Cubans must wait 5 years for citizenship just like anyone else. They get a special privilege for their green card but not for citizenship.

Is that true for California
the only way he could be a citizen is marriage to a user citizen

That is true in every state. The only way someone can become a citizen at this point is if they have a green card for 5 years or if they have been married to a US citizen the whole time then they can become a citizen after 3 years.

They are not automatically a citizen after marriage they still would have had to be hear and married to the person for the full length of time they were hear. And there's no way no loop whole to pay to speed things up cuz money talks

Unfortunately no they are not an automatic citizen after they're married And there is no way to speed it up even if you pay more. Those are the rules for citizenship and they are set and solid. It's going to be better for him to renew his green card if it is expired.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

Ok so I asked him more questions it's his residency he's wateing for. But why can't he work without the papers?

He has no proof until he receives the green card. The green card is the proof that he is allowed to work.

But it's played for and in the process of being deliver he needs money to live what can he do till it comes and how long will it take to get his residency?

I understand but unfortunately that is the law even if he needs money to live. Usually the green card takes about 5-7 months to receive the green card.

There's no temp agency that could sponcer him to work
He's going to lose everything he qprked so hard to get becuz of the stuped law
What about our family our child? You have to know something that can help save family this hardship

I wish there was another way besides waiting, but there is not. All he can do is wait. He can try to work without legal documents which is illegal but it is very common.