Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Does a company need to sponsor someone for TN visa?

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good evening. I am a legal expert who will assist you today.
A little background. A Qualifying Canadian and Mexican citizens may apply for a TN work visa. This visa was created as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). To qualify, you must be coming to the United States to work in a professional occupation listed in the NAFTA treaty.To qualify for TN visa status, you "must have an offer of employment" from a U.S. company to work in a profession that is listed on the NAFTA occupations list. Your employer in the United States must require someone in your professional capacity for the position.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.

If you have any other questions please just ask.

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer