Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My wife is a card holder. I worked as a DoD contractor. We…

Customer Question
My wife is a...

My wife is a green card holder. I worked as a DoD contractor. We purchased land in North Carolina. We have two children (American Citizens). She went two years without traveling to the US. Now, the American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey says that her Green Card isn't . It hasn't expired. We applied for re-entry. He stated that she was never a resident and that she was only a resident in her head. So, I am thinking of applying for a spouse visa and starting the green card process over again. I moved to Washington State in January to work at Fairchild Air Base. Now, I am in working for the City of San Diego. I want my wife and children here with me. I have already bought open plane tickets for my wife and both children. What to do? Will they let her enter the country while traveling with out two sons? Any thoughts? I want to get them here before school starts in September.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is the expiration date? Has a renewal or extension request been made?

02/27/2023 is the expiration date.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

Not yet, we went to the consulate to ask advice first. Now, we are thinking of getting a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

When you say you applied for re-entry, are you saying she has a Re-entry Permit prior to leaving the US?

Ely, Counselor at Law