Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My boyfriend was doing his citizenship. on question number

Customer Question

my boyfriend was doing his citizenship . on question number 33 the selective service he answered no , but today we just find out he was sign up for it in 2007 . is this going to be a problem. We send in the application in 2 weeks ago what can we do ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to write FOR GUILLERMO when you post a brand new question thread.

Have him send a letter to the USCIS office that is processing his case with a copy of the I-797 receipt (if he does not have it yet, he should wait until he has it) and ask that the question be amended and provide proof of his registration.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can he just explain that in the interview .or. its better to send it in .he jus receive the 797

It's better to have it settled/fixed before the interview, but he could also do it at the interview. Please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you.