Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am trying to important a dance troop to perform in the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to important a dance troop to perform in the U.S. from the Ukraine. I need to speak to someone about the form I-129 if that is in fact the form required. It is very confusing to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This dance troop has already performed on America's Got Talent who got them a Visa. They will be returning soon, to perform on another episode. However, that visa only accommodates AGT. I need to know how to get a visa for at least one year to cover potential engagements as they come ti my attention. These would usually be one-night, private engagements.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am seeking assistance in filing for a part-time work visa for non-immigrant form the Ukraine in the entertainment field. These are dancers and the group is an independent contractor as am I. I am an entertainment producer that has clients who may have events that are appropriate for this act. These are usually one-night or day performances with perhaps a rehearsal day prior to performance day. These engagements happen occasionally. I have one booked in January 2018 and another inquiry came in for 09/27/17, is waiting to here about their visa status. I would like to know if I can apply for a one-year visa for this dance troop, so regardless how many engagements come in during the year, this visa would apply.
How can I expedite this process? Time is of the essence.
7/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 11 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, it would be the I-129 form. What are your additional questions?