Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Confused about the eligibility for US citizenship, after…

Customer Question
Confused about the eligibility...

Confused about the eligibility for US citizenship, after entering first time in US in July 2012, we had applied for a reentry permit and left US for education break for 2 years and then re-entered the US in July 2014. Basically took a break for 2 years..Currently I am staying continuously for 37 months and will complete my 5 years (since July 2012) . So Am I eligible to apply for it ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?

Legal Permanent REsident

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much will be the fee ?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. Please tell me a little more background. How did you obtain the LPR status?