Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

My boyfriend was doing his citizenship paper to become one

Customer Question

My boyfriend was doing his citizenship paper to become one question 33 ask about selective service he answer no but in fact he was sign up for it . how can we fix that we already send it in?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: permanent resident
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I just find that out today we sent the application 2 weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Fortunately this is not a very serious error, and is relatively easy to get corrected.

First of all, wait until you receive notice that USCIS has received your paperwork.

Then once you've received your Notice of Receipt, go ahead and call the National Customer Service Center, explain the mistake, and request that they fix it.

The phone number is *****(###) ###-####

They should be able to fix it right away. If for some reason they are not able to, then you can send in a written letter to the USCIS office that is processing your forms, explaining the mistake and how it should be corrected.

That's all!

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more.The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!