Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have some questions regarding the AOS interview. Not

Customer Question
Hi, I have some...

Hi, I have some questions regarding the AOS interview

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, I want to discuss about the documents I have prepared and some of the problems or flaws we have in preparation of the documents

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1. Electronic Tax returns papers doesn’t contain our signatures as it was electronic signature. We used turbo tax for tax returns
2. W2 status was single as petitioner never changed, because it was electronic she never realized that she forgot to change the marital status. We recently changed and expecting only in her last pay stub it will show married before the interview
3. We don’t have a joint utility bill, the bill in under Applicants/beneficiary’s name only
want to know what might be the consequences for these issues? and how we can answer it
4. I am providing the Summary of all the documents (copy) I'm taking with me, please let me know if I'm missing any documents or not?• Copy of interview notice
• Government issued ID card
• Affidavit(s) of support Employment Letter of the Sponsor
 Tax return of the Sponsor
 W2 and last 2 months pay stubs of the Sponsor.
 Employment letter of the Cosponsor
 W2 and last 2 months pay stubs of the Cosponsor
 Tax return of the Cosponsor
 Evidence of the Sponsor’s United States Citizenship
 Name Change Judgment of the Petitioner
 Evidence of the Cosponsor’s United States Citizenship• Evidence establishing Law Permanent Residence, and Immigration related documents (Marriage certificate, Petitioner’s Divorce Certificate, Petitioner’s Citizenship papers, Employment Authorization, Social Security Card)
• Social Security and Employment Authorization Document.
• All travel documents to enter the United States ( I-94 Form, Copy of US Visa, Copy of Air Ticket, Copy of Passport)
• Beneficiary Birth Certificate
• Petitioner’s Birth Certificate and Evidence of United States Citizenship.
• Certified copy of the Marriage Certificate
• Petitioner’s Divorce Certificate
• Supporting Evidence of the Relationship Tax returns 2016
 Joint Bank Account Statements (2 Current accounts, Savings account)
 Credit Card Authorization
 Affidavit of witness confirming they attended the wedding
 Joint Business Ownership with the co-sponsor
 E-Trade Statement
 Evidence of the honeymoon stay
 Online conversation with In-laws
 Photographic Evidence
I am taking all the following original documents with me, please let me know if I'm missing any original documents or need anything else?•Employment Letter: Recently provided by the employer of the sponsor.
•Evidence of Petitioner’s Citizenship and Name Change paper.
•All Government Issued Documents: Employment card, SSC
•Birth Certificate of the petitioner and the Beneficiary
•Travel Documents: Passport (USA Visa), Airplane Ticket
•Documents Establishing Eligibility of Lawful Resident Status: Divorce Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Certificate of Islamic Marriage, Nikah Nama, Marriage Proposal
• Supporting Evidence: Citi Credit Card Authorization, E-Trade Statement, Honeymoon (Waldorf Astoria Receipt and welcome card), Engagement Ring receipt and warranty.
I would prefer some suggestions or recommendations for the interview questions? Or likely questions we can be asked after providing all the documents listed above
7/31/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Since there are many details to your question it would be better if we speak over the phone. I've sent you the link for accepting the phone call. There is a small additional fee, once you accept the site will allow us to speak over the phone. Let me know whether or not you'd like to do that and we'll proceed from there. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law