Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am legal card holder, i was falsely acused of sex

Customer Question
I am legal green...

I am legal green card holder, i was falsely acused of sex molestation in the subway, the court dismised the case, can i still have a problem on traveling to other country

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 10 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It would not be feasible for me to be able to tell you the requirements for EACH of the around 196 countries in the world. What I can tell you is that the U.S. has one of the most difficult admission systems and for a person that is not a U.S. Citizen to enter the U.S. that has a criminal issue, such as in this case that there was no conviction, but a dismissal, the U.S. would require a certified copy of the court disposition at the very least to prove it. So I would hazard to say that many countries would be similar and many others wouldn't even need that, but to be on the safe side, I would travel with certified copies of the police report and court disposition to prove that you were not convicted and the case was dismissed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!