Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How do I obtain a copy of the denial of permanent residency

Customer Question

how do I obtain a copy of the denial of permanent residency for my husband I need it for my divorce.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes we had our final interview scheduled and he left the country, abandoned me, the agent denied on that basis fyi this was 14 yrs ago and have had no contact with him have no idea where he is. I need to have a copy of that denial letter
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes she told me to obtain a copy fron USCIS
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

You can file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and get a complete copy of your immigration file which should include the information that you seek. It is free but may take 2 to 3 months or more to process. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.