Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I and my wife did submitted our N400 more than two years

Customer Question

Hi, I and my wife did submitted our N400 more than two years ago, exactly on May 25th 2015 a month later we did the fingerprints, on August 2016 the sent to us for an interview then they cancelled both, since then we've been waiting for interviews every time we check they say security background check, on Jan this year I had an info pass where they told me that they got my file back and waiting for their local time to review and they'll contact us shortly, since then had more than three infor pass and still waiting.... We're really confused... What should we do? Many thanks in advance
JA: What is your current visa status? If you are a lawful permanent resident, have you been in the US for over 5 years?
Customer: We do have a permanent resident since 2011, we did entered the US on August 2010
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: Not really, cause some they told us to wait until it's two years to do something
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

I have 37 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your case fell into a black hole. This is very frustrating and you need some muscle to get this back on track.

You should request your US Senator to intercede on your behalf with USCIS by a Congressional Inquiry.

They will get a response within 30 days from UCSCIS as to what the issue is and why this is sitting for so long.

If you give me your state I will give you the link to getting some help.

Judith