Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Was in removal proceedings but got married to a us citizen…

Customer Question
Was in removal proceedings...

Was in removal proceedings but got married to a us citizen and i130 approved but maryland refused to join in the motion to close and open my case referring my case to the board. Arizona state cant give a driving licence or work authorization .Its now two years jobless, my question is if i transfer my case to washington could i get work authorization as i also hold seatle driving licence?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My lawyer who was handling my i130 case which was approved tells me he has reached a dead end. Had also paid for work authorization fee which was denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

This is the terrible arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i transfer my case to washington?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Please give me some time to consider your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: First, let me express my sympathy with you. This sounds like a very frustrating situation for you. I am really sorry to hear about that.

To answer your question, moving to Washington will not help you get an Employment Authorization Document. Although each state issues its own driver's licenses, immigration is a nationwide matter so different states do not issue Employment Authorization. If you do not qualify for an EAD, tghe USCIS will not issue you an EAD, even if you are in a different state. So to answer your question, even ifyou transfer your case to Washington, it will not get you an EAD because Washington does not give EAD cards. TheUnited States government does, and it already told you that you are not eligible for one. I'm very sorry about that.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but the question is still open and no credit has been given. Do you require additional assistance? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer