Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My husbant made an american immigrant visa application for…

Hello,my husbant made an...

Hello,my husbant made an american immigrant visa application for my daughter and me
11 months ago we received a letter from the Immigrant Visa Department of the US Department of Foreign Affairs informing us that our file was sent to NVS.
Since then it has been 10 months and we have not received any e-mails or letters to get a visa appointment from the NVC or the American Consulate.
The applicant is my husband's name,***** *****
He made the application for me,my name is,Nida Brown
He made the application for my doughter also,her name is,Hira Nur Celik
The important information in the letter from the US Department of Foreign Affairs is;
For Nida Brown:CASE TYPE:I130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATİVE
RECEIPT NUMBER:LIN-16-903-26873
For my doughter:CASE TYPE:I130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATİVE
RECEIPT NUMBER:LIN-16-903-26872
Receıpt date:July 26,2016
Prıorıty date:January 4,2016
Notice Type:Approval Notice
Section:Unmarried child(under age 21) of U.S. citizen, 201 (b) INA
My husband is suffering from Gout,He is very sick, her toes are inflamed and swollen.
He can not walk alone some times!He needs care and help!
My husband's address and tlf number changed.
His new address:128 Station Yard Road Robeline, LA 71469
His new phone number(###) ###-####Where are our Visa Files, when will they call us, and when and how will they notify us?
When we will get to appointment for a visa? Very glad if you enlighten us!
My name is***** phone number is(###) ###-####767 2049
My e-mail adresess: ***@******.***
My home adresess: Kemal pasa mah.Mustafa Kemal pasa cad.No:12.İncirlik/Sarıcam/ADANA.TURKEY And than,Yesterday they sent me a case number ***** a new e-mail.I'm copying the e-mail I sent to you now AskNVC
26.07.2017 19:19ANK2016738001
Kime: 'Ask NVC' gDear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ANK2016738001 filed by LARRY ***** ***** on behalf of NIDA  BROWN.

We updated the mailing and email address for this case.  Please continue to notify the NVC of any change of mailing/email address, or change in personal situation that may affect the principal applicant's entitlement to a visa.

If you wish to submit a request for the expeditious processing of this petition, please provide us with more information regarding your request.  For example, you may submit supporting documentation such as: medical records, letter from a medical doctor, deployment orders, etc, along with your request.

Please send your request for expeditious processing along with the supporting documentation to the postal address provided below or to***@******.***; enter the case number ***** the subject line of the email. Include the reason for the expedite request, the petitioner's name and date of birth, the beneficiary's name and date of birth, along with the beneficiary's two local contact phone numbers. Once this information is received, we will forward your request to the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate General for review.

National Visa Center
ATTN: PI Supervisor***** Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH###-##-#### 

Case Number:                  ANK2016738001
Petitioner's Name:            *****, ***** KEVIN
Principal Applicant's Name:   BROWN,NIDA
Preference Category:          IR1
Your Priority Date:           04Jan2016
Foreign State Chargeability:  TURKEY
                              U.S. EMBASSY, CONSULAR SECTION
                              ATATÜRK BLVD. 110
                              06100 KAVAKLIDERE
                              ANKARA, TURKEYJesus

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
FCi Federal, Support Contractor
 ***@******.***

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the Nationalsses from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees a Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a p

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

İf you read my e- mail you can understand what I need and I hope you can help me!My husbant is very sick, he has no internet.And our application date is almost over,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I did not!

7/27/2017
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewing your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Thanks for your patience while I typed up my response!

Since our received the Notice of Receipt from the US immigration authorities and your case was sent to the Turkish NVC, this means that your case was initially approved and has moved on to the interview stage.

I'm sorry to hear your husband's health is not doing well at the moment.

Unfortunately the NVC can often get backed up leading to very lengthy processing times and delayed interview dates.

The first thing you should do is contact the center directly and ask for an update on your case and an interview date. You can reach someone directly at this phone number:

90(###) ###-####/strong>

I also saw in the information you sent me above that you were instructed to send a letter for expedited processing, have you done so? If not, then I would also recommend that you send that in as soon as possible to help get your case expedited.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more.The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Hi,thank you for answering to me. I have a another qestion, You say to me now my case is in Turkey at the Ankara and I have to call them for my , Visa interview, for appointment!Did I understand correct? Please be very glad if you inform me.

Hi! Yes, that's correct!

You should contact the center directly and ask for an update on your case and the status of your interview date. You can reach someone directly at this phone number:

90(###) ###-####/strong>

If you ever have any more legal questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question.

Good luck to you!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer