How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29018
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was asked to submit IRS Tax Transcript document to submit

Customer Question

I was asked to submit IRS Tax Transcript document to submit into immigration. I don't have W-2 from 2014, 2015, and 2016, I do have I have income tax return from those years. Is there a way I can just submit those?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I have 37 years experience as an immigration attorney.

Unfortunately if you do not have the W2 to support the income reported on the 1040 you will need a tax transcript.

USCIS will not accept the 1040 if the reported wages were reported with the W-2 to IRS by the employer. You may be able to get duplicate copies of the W-2 from the employer. Employers do keep records like this.

Thank you in advance for a positive rating if you are satisfied with my answer. It may not be the answer you wanted but my obligation is to provide you with the truth and a correct answer.


Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already asked my employer about it. Although, my employer didn't have it anymore except from my last year record.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 2 months ago.

Then you need transcripts for the other years.