Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm currently on an H1B visa in the US. My employer applied

Customer Question

Hi, I'm currently on an H1B visa in the US. My employer applied for the I-140 and I-485 concurrently, both are still pending (for 225 days now, since December 2016). i have received my EAD and my H1B is currently pending extension as well.My job might be terminated next month and I was wondering if you could explain the impact that would have on my green card process?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Are you looking for another opinion? It is ok if you are. Just let me know...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah I'm just trying to get as much information as possible so I can make the right decisions that will not negatively impact my green card process. So if you have any other insight based on my situation I would really appreciate that.

No worries. I will opt out and let another expert chime in. Good luck. Please do not reply to me now because it could confuse a new expert. Just be patient until someone else picks it up. Thank you.