How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed i 130 and i 485 in houston since 9/2016, and now i

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I filed i 130 and i 485 in houston since 9/2016
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: and now i want to move from houston to dallas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So i want to ask if i change my address from houston to dallas , there's any late ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Please give me some time to consider your question.

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

I see you've requested a phone call. Are you still interested in the phone call offer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you send me answers by chat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No need a call
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

OK, no problem.

Are you physically moving to Dallas?

How far along in the process are you? What has been done so far?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Since September 2016
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im just waiting the interview,
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

That does not answer my questions.

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Are you physically moving to Dallas?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually my Appartment lease finished in June 2017 , so I'm now going to make a new lease in dallas
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Have you done biometrics already?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sir , also i have my work permit and SSN since November 2016
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.


Please do not post "?" or "hello" or anything like that. As I said from the beginning, you might get a delay because I am either working on your answer or I am working with other customers at the same time. When you post a response like that, the system thinks you are the last person to respond, and it puts your question at the bottom of the list. This causes even more delays. Please be patient; I will answer your questions in the order they are received.

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

OK, thank you for the information and thank you for being patient. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: The website you need to go to is below. Please make sure you choose the forms that are currently in process. Those are forms I-130 and I-485 for sure. If you applied for Advance Parole and that is still pending, then you also need to choose form I-131.

Copy and paste the following link into a new internet page so you can assess the change of address process:

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!