Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I hear a story, a lady, her first husband apply the card for

Customer Question

I hear a story, a lady, her first husband apply the green card for her , only after she got the temporary green card , she got divorced, then she married with her second husband ,he is a citizen too,. so he apply the permanent one for her. is it true?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, it can happen like that, but it is dangerous. Why? Because that lady still had to prove that the first marriage was not fake. A fake marriage is a PERMANENT bar to ever getting Residency. So if the first one was fake, it doesn't matter that the new was is real.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.