Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

This is regarding my h1b visa and GC process last year i got

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: this is regarding my h1b visa and GC process last year i got filed my h1 from my previous employer 'X'
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no the problem is currently with my GC process i have I140 with my old employer who filed bankruptsy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: and moved to new employer and got h1 b approval and they said they will start my Green card process but still they did not start my GC my H1b is valid until 2019 no not yet approached any lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is that free or need to pay
JA: The Immigration Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: ok
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How far along was the GC process with your old employer? Did you sign an agreement with your new employer that states specifically that as a condition of you coming on board with them, they have to do the GC process for you? If so, was it mentioned by when they had to start the GC process?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.