Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How to obtain a police certificate in usa for non-resident

Customer Question

How to obtain a police certificate in usa for non-resident and living outside of usa
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My brother a non usa citizen wanted to apply for canada immigration and a police clerance is required for any country he has stayed for more than 6 month which included fbl police clearance for usa
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.

To obtain FBI clearance which is the police certificate he must send a request to the FBI.

He can download the form from the FBI website. Here is the link.

https://forms.fbi.gov/identity-history-summary-checks-review

He must fill out the applicant information with a set of fingerprints. How to obtain the fingerprint in in the instructions within the link.

The FBI will then send him a letter with the results of the record check. That letter will be his police certificate.

He can then send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing his file.

I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question for credit and tracking so that I will be paid for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But i think he need to visit a special agent or organisation to put the finger on paper or it something he can do on his own and send the form back to fbi office??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean the standard fingerprint forn (fd-258)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will the record check by fbi indicate tarffic ticket or it purely to access just criminal record and arrests or what will this record expose ??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
again ,only 18 usd dollar payment requested and this included mailing to an address outside of usa??
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
the fingerprint can be taken on the FBI form and can be taken by a local police department or a private organization that fingerprints. The FBI check is only for criminal charges, not traffic tickets.Please don't forget to rate the question for credit and tracking.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
again ,only 18 usd dollar payment requested and this included mailing to an address outside of usa?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
the outside agency charges the $18.00 fee and they will mail it to an address outside the US.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not understand what you mean outside agency??
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.

P​lease clarify your question. Is your brother currently living outside the US, and was he ever a green card holder?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he currently live outside of usa and not a green card holder ,just coming regularly as a visitor
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.

I will have anotherr expert assist you

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

So you are asking about places that your brother lived in the U.S. for 6 months or more? What city and states in the U.S. would those be?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My brother a non usa citizen wanted to apply for canada immigration and a police clerance is required for any country he has stayed for more than 6 month which included fbl police clearance for usa..and he stay different cities at different times on it visit ,2 month ,3 month 3 month at interval

But did he ever live in the U.S. for 6 months straight or they were just a couple of months each time he came as a visitor? And in what city and state did he stay each time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a fbi clearance certificate under canada rules.he stay in new york ,washington,miami ,texas
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He never stay 6 months straight
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the first lawyer already answer most of my questions but l want to know if he apply from outside usa using form fd-258 to take is own fingerprint amd pay the 18usd request can the report be send to any addresss outside of united state