Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I fil i130 for my wife on jan 27 2017 but nothing yet, yes,

Customer Question

I fil i130 for my wife on jan 27 2017 but nothing yet
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Have you received a Receipt notice I-797 for the I-130?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

If you have received it, then do not worry. Right now it is processing and it can sometimes take up to a year to process. Sometimes there are delays. It does not mean that anything is wrong. You can call customer service and ask for a status update but they usually cannot put in a inquiry until it is passed the regular processing time. 1***-***-****.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its been 6 months now at nebraska service center

Ok, then yes just try calling customer service and ask if they can do a status inquiry. 1***-***-****.

I hope this has helped and hope you can kindly leave a positive rating with the stars. Thanks.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of my work and time here.