Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I'm international student and I have a valid M1 visa is

Customer Question

I'm international student and I have a valid M1 visa is expired on August 2018 but the problem is my I_20 is expiring on August 9 2017 . My DSO said you would have to leave the country and enter again with the new I_20 . Is there any problems ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

No, there is no problem in doing that. You can do that once you have a new I-20.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is the new i_20 will be requested as an extension or just a new i_20 . Since I did not finish the program on the designated date ?

New I-20

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome. Please kindly remember the rating. Thanks in advance.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of my work and time here.