Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I just received a RFE for G-325 and I-693 for an AOS, with

Customer Question

I just received a RFE for G-325 and I-693 for an AOS, with the PD current. The issue is I didn't work from. Sep 2016 to Jul 2017 due to an emotional distress caused by someone who was Ciber bullying, Gang Stalking and Electronic Stalking - the police investigation is ongoing. Unfortunately the harassment Brought me lot of anxiety and depression where I was not able to locate a job where I have worked for some reputable companies like IBM in the past.Though I was was paid here in US I was working for a company in India and also my own LLC here in US and a non-profit.My question is can I show my employment in India in G-325 , also can I include the non profit volunteer work without pay, and my own organization( I have 0 profit as of now but on the way to development). Or should I show as an unemployed and is there anything that can defend me as a victim of such stalking crimes? ( but I don't have much as a solid proof as it's still an ongoing investigation).Another issue is I and my husband were separated several years ago and he moved to India and never lived in US in the past 7 years, we got divorce in 2013 in India but still thinking of getting back together so I don't want to eliminate him from getting a green card I am not sure whether I can still have him as my defendant. Also I would like to know how he can do medical examination while he is still in India.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry there was a typo " I was NOT paid in US"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't prefer a phone call

No worries- that is the website that offers you the call. I will answer you here.

I'm so sorry that you went through that.

In order to answer you better, can you explain what is your I-485 based on? As in, who petitioned for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's an employment based, and I am a primary applicant. My current emppoyer petitioned for me.

Were you on EAD or on another visa during the time you didn't work in 2016 to July 2017?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Employer*
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was on EAD

You don't need to defend yourself as to why you weren't working during certain times then. You can simply write either "unemployed" for the period you were not working or "Self employed" for your company and non profit or list the Indian company. Whatever the case may be.

Also , if you are legally divorced from your husband, he cannot be your dependent. Unfortunately his benefit ended when you divorced. The only option you have is to petition him once you have a green card if you get remarried.

If that happened, he would receive instructions on how to get a medical exam done in India.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of my work and time here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jen, I am sorry, I wanted to continue the chat but got carried away with something else. Actually I have one more question to ask. The RFE requests for Supplement J - A bonafide job offer. What happens if the employer refuses to file that form? Is Supplement -J is an alternate for Bonafide offer letter? Also the employer who filed the petition has merged the company with another company and now active in business in the new name, does that mean I have to file AC21 instead of just bonfide offer letter in Form J?