Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I would like to withdraw I-864 (not primary) for a relative

Customer Question

I would like to withdraw I-864 (not primary) for a relative who is undergoing a I-290 review ion his green card applicatiton. can I withdraw now?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in VA but the beneficiary applied for change of status from Atlanta GA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he applied for change of status in US but was denied and he is now appealing the denial through I-290 proccess
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Has the green card been approved yet? If there was a denial and they are appealing the denial, what was the denial for?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If the green card has been approved, then you are stuck unless he becomes a U.S. Citizen, works for 10 years paying taxes, or loses the status because he is outside of the U.S. for too long or he commits a serious enough crime or he obtained it by fraud.

If his green card has not been approved, then send a letter to the USCIS Field Office in charge of his case as quickly as possible, and ask that they withdraw your I-864. Make sure you sign and notarize the letter and include as much information about that particular case so that they can find it. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.