Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

What is I-485 form. I am an r1 visa and the I-94 will

Hello, JA: Hello. What is your...
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: what is I-485 form
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: i am an r1 visa and the I-94 will expired at the end of this month
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I filled an I-360
7/21/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

The I-485 is the form that you file to adjust your status to get a green card once the I-360 is approved.

Any other questions about this?

What shall I do to avoid illegal staying?
Hey , waiting for the answer.

You would have to either extend your current visa or send an application to change your status to another visa that you qualify. There are not many options. Other common visas are the tourist visa B2 and student visa F1, if you want to study and are approved in a school. You must make sure USCIS receives your application to extend or change status before your I-94 expires. Form is I-539.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" now and RATE me by choosing from the STARS. Don't worry, the question will NOT close and will NOT be finished. It stays OPEN after you rate me and I will continue to answer your follow up questions for you at no additional charge if you have any.

Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important. This is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time here.

Again, if you just have additional follow up questions that you would like to ask me, please ask me and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I am the one that answers it for you by writing the words "FOR JEN MARIE" in the beginning of your new post.

I already filed for an r1 extension and there is no feedback till now.
Does it make any problem or create an illegal situation if they answer after the expiration date of the i-94 ?

That is not a problem as long as it was submitted before your I-94 expires, you are in a temporary legal status and can remain here after expiration of I-94.

Hope this helps and hope you can kindly issue a good rating.

Thanks for the previous answers,
Another question, how long it takes to have a feedback from them regarding r1 extension ( I paid the fees to expedite the process )

If you submitted in premium processing then it usually takes about 2 weeks.

I do hope this has helped you and please kindly remember the rating. It's very important. Thanks!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney