Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My immigration case was dismissed by the immigration judge i…

My immigration case was...

My immigration case was dismissed by the immigration judge i was a legal permanent resident what do i have to do to get it back now that my removal hearings were terminated

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The lawyer that had my case terminated is in the hospital he has been for almost 3 weeks so it is hard to ask

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just wanted to know if i should set up an infopass to get information

7/17/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Why were they trying to deport you? Why as the case terminated?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for a criminal offense of helping an alien enter the US illegally the order says charge not sustained

Ok. And you want to know how to get your physical green card back from ICE?

How long ago was your case terminated?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
over 30 days
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
june 6, 2017

The problem is that ICE might have sent your file to storage and the green card should be in that file. You should go as quickly as you can to the ICE Trial Attorney office (usually in the same building as the Immigration Court or nearby and take a copy of your order of termination and go to the clerk at the window and ask them what you need to do to get your green card back from ICE. If they have sent your file to storage, it may take longer to get it. The other option is to file an I-90 to replace it, but that will cost you money and will still take probably 5 to 7 months or so to process it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!