Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I need advice for N-400 application for Naturalization. My…

Hello, I need advice...

Hello, I need advice for N-400 application for Naturalization.
My interview appointment will be on July 22, 2017.My issue is height.
My height is 180 cm.
I was not familiar with feet. 180cm is 5.90551feet.
So that I wrote my height as 5 feett9 inch.
On my driver license my height is 5`09``
When I filled out N 400 application, I wrote my height as 5 foot 9 inch the same as driver license.I was thinking my height is 180cm or 5feet 09 inch.Yesterday my wife measured my son’s height and at that time she also measured my height and my height is about 5 foot 11 inch.
It was very strange I grown up at my age.But reality is that I made mistake to transfer cm to feet.
According to cm to feet conversion calculator, 180cm is 5.90551 feet, so that I wrote 5feet 9 inch when I made driver license in USA.BUT 180 cm is 70.8 inch. AND 70.8 inch is about 5feet 11 inches.
I realized this yesterday. I did not intend to write wrong information on N400 application.
My real height is 5feet 11 inch, BUT on Application and Driver license 5 feet 09 inch.What am I supposed to say during N400 interview.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Green Card. No I do not have any pending petitions . I just have N 400 interview.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I only have my height issue.

7/17/2017
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: OK, don't worry. This is not a big deal at all. You can either send in a letter explaining that you made a conversion error and do the same when you go to your interview.

This type of mistake is 1) not considered misrepresentation, and 2) is not material. So it will not be an issue at all.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Thank you for your answer. My interview is just this Thursday, so I do not have enougft time to send a letter. Can I just tell this story during interview? How about driver license? Thank you.

Please do not forget that positive rating (4 or 5 stars). Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. And like you, I want to get credit for doing my job.

Yes, you can do that. As far as your driver's license, that is not an immigration issue. You need to contact the state DMV where you live to have this corrected. It will likely require you to apply and pay for a new license.

Kindly remember that in order for me to get credit for doing my job, you have to go to the top of this page and click on 4 or 5 stars. Thank you!

Thank you for your answer. i will do.
No problem. Please do not forget to give me that positive rating. Do you need help with how?
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
I contacted about 2 days before for my height issue on N400 application.
I have Naturalization(N400) interview tomorrow.
I have question for Application.
Part12 Question 9 , Have you ever been a member of,involved in,or in any way associated with, any organization, association,fund,foundation,party,club,society or similar group in the United States or in any other location in the world?I answered No, because I am not any religious or political member,
But when I was in Korea, I did toy business and the people doing toy business get together to help each other, it is kind of toy association and I was member when I was doing toy business in Korea.
I did not write this information on N400 application. What am I supposed to do during interview?

This is a new question, not a related follow-up question to the first one you asked about your driver's license and your height. According to the rules of this site, you need to post it as a new question, to a new thread. Make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the quesiton, so that it comes to me. Thank you.

I will do now.
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer