Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My removal proceedings were terminated 7 years ago but i

Customer Question
my removal proceedings were terminated...
my removal proceedings were terminated 7 years ago but i recently found an old orange letter informing me about a government appeal for that decision that i never answered .
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i dont know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: right before my citizenship interview i was arrested so the interviewer saud that i should come back after my case was resolved. i was convicted and sent to and ice detention center for in another state for 8 months . i was released and i went to work soon after. i had no idea that decision was appealed and now that i am ready to contiunue my journey towards naturalizATION im afraid of any negative consequences it might bring.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Just so you know I am finishing up with another customer right now but I will be back to answer your question shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ely, Counselor at Law