Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My friend overstayed his visa and is currently in the US

Customer Question

Hello, my friend overstayed his visa and is currently in the US illegally. Recently he got married but has not filed any petition for adjustment of status. Does the marriage protect him in any way against deportation?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: the answer is in my question
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my friend would like to travel by air within the continental us, does that pose any problems? thats all i have to ask
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The bright side is though even though your friend overstayed his Visa, the fact that he got married is really going to help him out. If his marriage is Bonafide then he just needs to submit for a change of status. He can simply get a green card which will negate the issue of him overstaying his Visa

Your friend can click here to begin the process of the change of status to a green card.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?