Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Here. I was on H1B and was off by my company. My last day

Customer Question

Hi This is Rehana here. I was on H1B and was laid off by my company. My last day with my company was May 31st. I am looking for next job as well. Meanwhile I know my next employer should initiate my H1B transfer by Jul 29th. That being said, I can get my status change to H4 as husband H1B. What is the lead time time (what is the latest), we would need to file this change of status , so that I don't go out of status.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

The regulations are to allow you to file for a change of employment when you are terminated from a job. The regulations do not include giving a grace period to file a change of status.

You can only have a new H1B change of employment petition filed. You cannot use the grace period to change to H4.

Experts are only paid for their time providing you a low cost alternative to getting immigration law information if you RATE their answer. Everyone likes to think that their time and knowledge has value, I am sure you expert to be paid at work for your time and knowledge. It is no different for an expert. No rating, no pay. May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith