Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am currently studying at one of the community colleges in

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** i am currently studying at one of the community colleges in California i am an international student
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i recently came to renew my visa in Kabul, Afghanistan but i got denied twice no
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no nothing like that
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I'm just finishing up helping another customer at the moment so I will get back with you shortly with an answer to your question. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry this happened to you in Kabul. What is your question about the situation that is happening to you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was wondering if you could review all my documents to see if everything's fine. international students are supposed to be a full time student. But unfortunately I had registered 8 units for the next semester on my transcript at the time I applied to renew my visa. I'm not sure if that's the main reason behind the deniel.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

I do no necessarily need to look at them. If you did not have a full time load of classes, then that could definitely be the issue. It could also be that they do not believe that you have intentions to return to Afghanistan because you do not have significant ties back home. They did not give you any reason for the denial?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
well this is not my first time renewing my visa. I did the same process last year and I got approved without any trouble. My dad has owns a transportations and a construction company here in Afghanistan and he has been provinding services to the US army and United Nations since 2003. They asked me about my plans after completion of my education in the United States and I told them I will return to my country and take over my dads businnes here in Kabul. I believe that should be enough to prove that I will come back to my country upon completion of my education. And no they did not mention any specific reason for the denial.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i accidentally put has on top. Ignore it please
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 days ago.

From year to year anything can change. The political climate is also different and more strict in the US now.

Your job with your dad's company should be enough but as I said, things can change. All you can do is apply again.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.