Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a question in immigration. I have EAD and my I-485 is

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. What do you...
Hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a question in immigration
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes I have EAD and my I-485 is pending
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet Are we allowed to work on multiple jobs on GC EAD Is it legal to work?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the main concern I have
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

What is your current immigration/visa status?

Are we allowed two jobs at the same time on GC EAD ? Is it legal to work?

I see that you requested a phone call but that there was payment failure, would you like a moment to speak with customer support to get that worked out? I'd be happy to speak over the phone.

I can also type my response here if you prefer.

60$ is little bit costly. So am thinking

Okay, no problem. Just let me know if you would like to have the phone call.

In the meantime I want to let you know that yes, you can have multiple jobs with the EAD.

You just want to make sure you are working a significant enough amount of time with your sponsoring employer, usually around 30-35 hours/ week.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more.The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer