How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108701
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to talk with immigration lawyer right now, only work

Customer Question

i need to talk with immigration lawyer right now
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: only work permit .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nop
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nop
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just logged on. How may I help you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
my f1 visa has been terminated on 3/31/17. i have VALID EAD card untill 2018 march. so i am almost out of status like 3 months. when i came back home from work my land lord told me theat home land securtiy officer came to look for me.and gave them their card to call them. i am so scared of deportation.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i am planning to apply ayslum before they deport me.there is serious problem is going on in back home .
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Well, if your F-1 was terminated, the EAD is no longer valid. What country are you from? How long have you been in the U.S.? What would be the source of your persecution if you applied for Asylum? Why was your F-1 status terminated?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
my visa was terminated because I took an online class. that that was out of the law. i am from bangladesh. in my back home some political organaization trying to kill me.
Customer: replied 13 days ago. you chek this please
"If an F-1 student’s SEVIS record is prematurely terminated ..."
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

The problem is that if you were truly in danger, you were supposed to file for Asylum within the first year of being in the U.S. Who is after you and why are YOU specifically targeted? What is special about you that they are after you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i am almost 4 yeras in here but my last entry was in usa 8/2016. its my father is related in politics and the govenment party put me cahges on me as well as my father,
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
charge was cyber crime, fraued ,money laundy etc.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Well, that may not win you Asylum because you took too long to file. What was the reason you took too many online courses?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
could you tell me how to stop deportation then?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Well, I need to know why you took too many online courses?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
because its easy and relaxing. you can access to class when ever you want. it's not like rush you have to go class or you will be late etc
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Well, that's problematic. You could avoid deportation if you could prove that the reason that you took too many online courses was because of something beyond your control. That you found them to be easy and relaxing is not going to get you reinstated. Here is an official link:

So one option you have is to talk to your Designated School Officer (DSO) and ask them about reinstatement. If they don't want to help you, you can ask a different school and see if they are willing to transfer you and help you do reinstatement.

Another option is to leave the U.S. and apply for a new F-1 visa to come back.

And another option is to apply for Asylum (you had to have done this within the 1st year of being in the U.S. unless there is a credible excuse or changed country conditions), Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture, or Cancellation of Removal. The first three things are if you fear to return to your home country because you believe that you will be specifically targeted due to your race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion and that you run a high risk of great bodily injury, torture, or death as a result. The last, Cancellation, you would have to prove that you have been at least 10 years in the U.S. AND you must also prove that if you are deported, a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you will suffer exceptional and extremely unusual hardship. This hardship must be something more than emotional separation hardship or financial hardship, so it is difficult to get.

I wish I had better news for you, but the options are limited.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what should I do now? shoild I call and talked to homeland sequrity because they came to my house and wanted to talk? becasue i am scared if they deport me/.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

You should first speak to your DSO tomorrow about reinstatement. If later ICE decides they want to try to deport you, then you can ask for Asylum/Withholding of Removal. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions