Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am having problems understanding how to fill out the I-485

Customer Question
form. My wife came over...
I am having problems understanding how to fill out the I-485 form. My wife came over on a K1 Visa. There's so many different things we've been told to do that we don't know what to do first.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No. We just need to do all the other stuff like file out marriage cert, apply name change, get her a driver's license, and file the 485. Not sure what to do firt.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Just started to fill out the I- 485 and got lost in it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/13/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Hi Jen. Im hoping to find a I-485 Form SME who can either talk me through it step by step or fill it out for us.

Sure, I'm happy to help. Please let me know what your specific question are one by one and I'll answer them.

Ok. I work for the government so will try it again this weekend and write them down then.

Ok, sounds good. I'll be around. If I don't answer right away then I'm not online but will be back soon. You can just send the questions over.

Just letting you know I'm still here whenever you need me.

Jen, sorry for the delayed response. I've been very busy. Here are the questions I have.1. Part 1. Page 2. Question 23.a.
If you were issued a Form I-94 Arrival-departure Record Number....We found no such form among her paperwork. Is this something she should have received as part of a K1 Visa packet?If so, how do we ask for a copy or get the information?2. Part 1. Page 3. Question 1.a.We checked the block for Person admitted to the US as fiancee, Form I-129F.Do we need to send a copy of that with this form?
Also, under question 2, do we also need to send in a Form I-797?
Ely, Counselor at Law