Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I just got my E3 renewal visa issued in Bahamas. The issue

Customer Question

Hi, i just got my E3 renewal visa issued in Bahamas. The issue date is 11 july 2017 and expiry date is 6th july 2019. And in annotation issue date is 17th Sep 2017 as per my LCA. They have revoked my old visa which has expiry date of 13th Sep 2017. My port of entry is scharlotte, NC
1. Will there be any issue in port of entry, since my old visa is revoked and existing has a issue date in sep?
2. Can i continuously work legally in existing project even my old visa is revoked and existing new visa annotation issue date is from sep 2017?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hi, I think I helped you just before you left.

Tell me about the LCA. What is the start date on that?

An E3 is different. You enter on that visa and you have to work for that employer on the visa you enter with. You would have go to work for the new employer.

I really am not concerned with the annotation. The CBP are going to go by the issue date in admitting you for work for the employer. The concern I have is the ability to work is based on an existing valid LCA for you. So your LCA has to be valid from now, not Sept. for you to enter to work for the employer on your visa.

You cannot work for the old employer.

Experts are only paid for their time providing you a low cost alternative to getting immigration law information if you RATE their answer. Everyone likes to think that their time and knowledge has value, I am sure you expert to be paid at work for your time and knowledge. It is no different for an expert. No rating, no pay. May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My LCA date starting from 17th Sep 2017 till 17th Sep 2019. Its a E3 R renewal, with my same old employer whom i have been working from past 4 years.

Ahhhhhhhhh, sorry. I had your employment situation confused. I thought you were one of the E3s I've had lately who was changing jobs and going out for that reason.

You are fine. Do you have the old LCA just in case customs asks for it. MOST likely NOT in Bahamas. The officers are laid back. If you don't, can your employer email it to you as a just in case. You don't need the old visa valid to go back but you may be asked to prove you have a valid LCA to work on until Sept.

Judith

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have my old LCA. So even if my old visa is revoked, having a valid old LCA until sep should suffice for me to enter and work until sep 2017. Right?

Correct, you are good to go.

Try to get to Paradise Island and enjoy that beach. Nothing in the world like it even down under.

Judith