Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I went to immigration for my citizenship papers and was told

Customer Question
Hi, i went to immigration...
Hi, i went to immigration for my citizenship papers and was told to go home because i did not have the PTI program? what can i expect from that?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet... i went saturday...so they said they were going to send a letter.....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: where do i get this document from?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KJL LAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer

Good morning.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

PTI is a diversionary program which results in the dismissal of the charges after one year and successful completion of all the program requirements. If he competes the PTI, there will be no conviction for removal purposes. Generally, as long as there is no admission to the facts constituting the offense, PTI will not affect immigration status. What they are looking for is proof the PTI was completed and you can obtain the document from the county court where you received the PTI.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

If you did not have a PTI program then the charges were not dismissed. The consequences of not having a PTI and dismissal could vary depending on the charge. What were you charged with? What was the outcome?

KJL LAW
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer