How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an American Citizen, Can I claim Card Or Citizenship

Customer Question

I am an American Citizen , Can I claim Green Card Or Citizenship for my Grand Child Living In Ireland.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No I'm A U.S. Citizen Thank You For Your Help. Seamus Hoban
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I am just in the Starting Stages
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just What I say Can I claim My Grand Son
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You cannot petition directly for your grand son unless you adopt him before he turns 16. If you mean to ask if your grand son can have U.S. Citizenship passed down to him through you, it might be possible. You were born in the U.S. or you naturalized? What is the U.S. status of each parent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am a Naturalized American Citizen ( 1996 ) Philadelphia. My wife is also an American Citizen.. She is not the Grand Mother
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just want a basic answer please I just paid you $ that you requested. I can not afford $59 phone calls
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, and the status of the parents of your grand son? Are either of them U.S. Citizens? Did you become a U.S. Citizen before your son or daughter turned 18? And sorry about the phone call request. I did not send it. That is an automated thing. Please ignore it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you about the request.................Both parents of the Child are Irish Citizens living in Ireland...Yes I have been a citizen before the child was 18
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did I answer the Question Satisfactorily?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Yes. Which is your child, the father of your grand son or the mother of your grand son?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this the END of Our Conversation????