Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I was arrested last year for grand larceny in the 3rd

Customer Question
Hi, I was arrested last...
Hi, I was arrested last year for grand larceny in the 3rd degree.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes I applied for my EAD card and got approved. the court reduced the charges to disorderly conduct in NYC because it was my first offense i did a pre-plea condition which was paying restitution. and now i have conditional discharge set for november (1 year after i pled guilty to disorderly conduct) I have gotten selected in the lottery for the h1b and need to go home for stamping in december. I want to know if this is risky and how much into the case can the officers look? will they be able to see that I comitted the felony and paid the money back?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, I hired a criminal attorney and she got the felony charges dropped and plead guilty to disorderly conduct this was in november 2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not left the country since the incident not really. anything you feel im missing? i was on f1 visa when the incident happened and got approved for an EAD
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thanks Jen, I am just trying to understand what to expect when I go home for visa stamping
Ely, Counselor at Law