Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

2 immigration questions about form i-485, but some details…

Hello. 2 immigration questions about form...
Hello.
2 immigration questions about form i-485, but some details before that:We are doing i-130, i-130a and i-485 for my wife.I got my citizenship 2 months ago. I got my green card via the government DV lottery before that.We got married in Florida 1 year ago.After hers first 6 months here as B-2, we got her an extension for 5 more months, which expired 5 months ago.My 2 questions are:1.
What option do we choose in i-485 Part 2?
Is it "b." or "h."?2.
We are from Israel and army service is mandatory there, so she did serve.
Do we have to put "yes" on Part 3, Question 15 and 18? And if yes - do we need to add some details and explanations?Thank you.
5/23/2017
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. The answer to your questions are as follows:

1) It is "a" because you are filing the I-130 with the I-485 that will give her an immediately available visa through you, a U.S. Citizen spouse.

2) Yes. That needs to be disclosed. She can write a statement in regards ***** ***** compulsory military service that she had to do, explain the training that she got and the job that she did for the military. If they need more, they will ask for it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Thank you for the detailed answer.
Did I understand correctly that if "a" chosen and i-130 attached - no additional explanation required for them about why "a" was chosen?

Yes, that is correct. No additional explanation needed. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

OK. Thank you very much.

My pleasure.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.