Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was chosen for the diversity immigration visa program, I…

I was chosen for...
I was chosen for the diversity immigration visa program, I am a bit conflict as to whether I should continue DV application because I only meet 1 one the qualification requirement I have a high school education and I also have a bachelors degree in accounting howeverI have not been employed within the last 4years. One of the requirements is 2years experience work within the last 5 years. The website states I should not continue if I do not meet both requirements. Would be advise the same
5/22/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks

No, don't worry about the phone call. The website offers you that, not met. I can just answer you here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok answer me here

Great.. Actually yes, I would advise that you continue with your application because you do meet the qualifications. The qualification does not say that you need BOTH the education or the work experience. It is only ONE that is needed.

In addition, to meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program,
you must have either:

a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of
elementary and secondary education; OR a minimum of two years’ experience within the past five years in a job that requires at least two years of training.

Since you have the high school and the bachelor's degree, you do meet the qualifications. CONGRATULATIONS!

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

You're very welcome. Please kindly don't forget to rate me. The stars should be somewhere on the top I believe. Thank you in advance.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney