Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I had an immigration interview on march 16, and I was told

Customer Question
Hi I had an immigration...
Hi I had an immigration interview on march 16, and I was told to wait for 30 days to receive the decision notice.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes II applied for political asylum
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: 2015
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/17/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sometimes these decisions take much longer than than the time they tell you at the interview. It has only been 60 days. I would give it a few more months and if you have not heard back then you can submit a status inquiry with USCIS at 1800-3755283. This is still normal for it to take longer than they say.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "

In most cases, you will return to the asylum office to pick up the decision two weeks after the asylum officer interviewed you.
I searched that from USCIS website
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

I believe you may have accidentally opted out Jen Marie which means she cannot respond to you. Would you like her opted back in?

Ok. I will let the administrators know. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you.

My pleasure.

Please check that I received the letter from USCIS .

Jen Marie will be with you shortly. For the time being, any posts that you make will come to me, so please refrain from new posts for now. Thank you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.